South Dakota Rural Electric Youth Excursion
Each summer, South Dakota's rural electric cooperatives sponsor area students for the South Dakota Rural Electric Youth Excursion. This FREE four-day event takes place in Bismarck and Beulah, North Dakota.
During the four-day all-expense-paid excursion students will stay at Bismarck State College and tour the power-generation facilities in North Dakota where a majority of the electricity they use is produced. Students will also participate in hands-on electrical experiments and attend social activities like swimming, shopping, and a riverboat cruise down the Missouri River. High school students who are dependents of B-Y Electric members are encouraged to apply for the South Dakota Rural Electric Youth Excursion.
2022 Youth Excursion
July 25-28, 2022 in Bismarck, N.D.
All area high school students whose parents or guardians are members of B-Y Electric are eligible to apply.
Teens attending this event will:
- Have the opportunity to sightsee and meet new friends from other participating cooperatives.
- Learn about “The Story Behind the Switch” and see where South Dakota’s electricity generates.
- Tour the Great Plains Synfuel Plant, Freedom Coal Mine, and Antelope Valley Station Power Plant.
- Spend their evenings swimming, shopping, and cruising on the Lewis and Clark Riverboat.
B-Y Electric will provide transportation, lodging, meals, entertainment, and sightseeing events. Students are only required to supply their own personal/shopping money.
Apply now for this all-expenses-paid trip!
Deadline: May 27th, 2022 at 4pm
How to Apply
- Students may apply if their parent or guardian is an active member of Bon Homme Yankton Electric.
- Students must be in high school.
- Submit the application below, email your application to email@example.com, or mail your application to:
Bon Homme Yankton Electric
PO Box 158
Tabor, SD 57063